top of page
THE LANDSDOWNE THEATER
The Lansdowne Theater located in Lansdowne Borough in suburban Philadelphia was originally opened in 1927. A centerpiece of the community, the theater and it’s marquee have been renovated several times during the past 85 years. In 2007 the private non-profit, Historic Lansdowne Theater Corporation purchased the theater. Urban Neon was hired by Goldrock Construction of Collingdale, PA in 2012 to help restore the marquee to one of it’s previous incarnations.
Urban Neon worked together with Goldrock, Mills Schnoering Architects, LLC of Princeton, NJ and the HLTC to reproduce the open face channel letters, painted and stainless steel metal cladding and the exposed neon as it would have appeared in the 1940’s, 50’s and 60’s. The marquee restoration project recently received an award of recognition from The Heritage Commission of Delaware County for it’s “Outstanding Contributions to Historic Preservation in Delaware County.”
bottom of page